We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to share written content in the form of a blog to the larger community, to provide specialized services for sale, and to offer a diverse and unique storefront selling creations across a vast variety of small business owners and designers. The information that you provide us with allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience by remembering certain user preferences, to provide adequate security of both our website and all of its’ users, to process transactions, to continuously seek ways to better your experience on our website, and to process transactions and perform under agreements made between you and Jess & Co. We do not process any information in a way that is incompatible with the objectives outlined above.
SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
- Purchases: When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, email address, and credit card or other payment information to facilitate your purchases through our website. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the data you provide to us while placing an order with us online. In addition to encrypting your credit card information while it is transmitted to our payment gateway, for your security, we do not store payment information (such as credit card information) in our database.
- Browsing: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our website. Jess & Co. and third party providers automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, the page you requested, how long you visit a page, how many times you visit a page, information you search for, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request. Jess & Co. uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends, monitor compliance with its Terms of Service, improve its service, and overall administer the website.
- Note: There are numerous companies that offer programs to help you visit websites anonymously. While Jess & Co. would like to provide you with the greatest possible user experience through tailored options only available to those that do not provide us with anonymous data, we encourage you to be aware that these programs are available for your use.
- Registration: If you choose to register on our website as a user, as part of our registration process, we collect personal information such as your email address and if desired, you name. We ask that you provide a unique screen name that will be used to identify you throughout the website.
- Contributing: When you offer your services for contributing to the content of our website, you provide consent to use all information provided at the time of signing the ‘Guest Blog Post Agreement’. This may include, but is not limited to the name you provide us with, email for contact purposes, and website(s) with relatable content to you.
- Selling: If you elect to sell on our marketplace and in our store online through the website, then we will ask you to provide information related to you and/or your business, which includes but may not be limited to: your complete and correct name/business name, the shipping address of your inventory, email, and any other pertinent information.
You can choose not provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take full advantage of the many resources, benefits, and features available on the website, Jess & Co. at jessandcompany.com.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason (for marketing purposes), then we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If you choose to withdraw consent from marketing campaigns delivered via email in the form of coupons, newsletters, and updates then you may also choose the opt-out option available directly within the body of the email.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – WOOCOMMERCE
Our store is developed through the use of the third party plugin called WooCommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 5 – PAYMENT
Payment is collected through a direct payment gateway using Paypal. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After you complete your transaction, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 6 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SECTION 7- SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Your user account information on Jess & Co. is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Be sure to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Jess & Co. will use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access to and disclosure of your personally identifiable information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of security affecting personal information or data on our servers, we will take such notification and other steps as may be required under applicable law. If you have any questions regarding security on our website, please contact us at: email@example.com Subject: [Re: Data Protection Officer].
Jess & Co. Employees: Jess & Co. personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to member information in the normal course of Jess & Co. business. We require that our employees and consultants or contractors access and use such information only as required to provide the Jess & Co. services and do not share such information with unauthorized third parties.
SECTION 8: CONTROL YOUR DATA
Take control of the data on our website in the following ways:
- You man always choose to not disclose personal information, even through the use of an anonymous web browsing service; however, you may not be able to interact and use certain features on our website, such as making purchases.
- You may always opt-out of marketing email campaigns as discussed above under Section 1: What do we do with your information?: Email Marketing.
- You man always access your profile and amend, correct, add, or delete personal information.
- You man always review, manage, and modify consents that you have provided Jess & Co. with by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: [Re: Data Protection Officer].
- You man always request access to your data by requesting a downloadable copy for your own records by contacting us at: email@example.com Subject: [Re: Data Protection Officer].
- At any time, you may request a deletion of your account by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: [Re: Data Protection Officer].
- At any time, you may object to Jess & Company’s processing of your personal data and/or request a restriction of further processing. To do so, contact us at: email@example.com Subject: [Re: Data Protection Officer].
- Withdrawing your consent, as described above, will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. We also reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
SECTION 9: COOKIES
We have no access to, or control over, cookies stored on your computer by other third parties.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _wordpress_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _wordpress_uniq, no data held, expires at midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 10 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 11 – INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY LAWS
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 13: DISPUTES
If you are visiting our site from the European Union, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, contact your local data protection authority.
SECTION 14: QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: [Re: Data Protection Officer].
For any visitors to our site from the European Union, Jess & Co. is the data controller for purposes of applicable EU Law and can be contacted at email@example.com Subject: [Re: Data Protection Officer].