- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Enjoy Life | Derive Joy in the Journey | #10
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Enjoy Life | Appreciate Today, Count Your Blessings | #9
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Positive Thinking | Make Your Environment Encouraging | #8
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Positive Thinking | Change Our Mind to Change Your Life | #7
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience | Do the Work – With or Without an Audience | #6
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience | Take the Time to Change Your Mind | #5
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience Leads to Achievement | #4
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Be courageous to live your true life.
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Take the leap, you won’t regret it in the end.
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Don’t Forget to Enjoy the Journey Along the Way
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Making a Difference | Caring Makes the World of Difference | #14
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Making a Difference | | #13
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Gratitude | Gratefulness Brings Happiness | #12
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Gratitude | Gratefulness Brings Happiness | #11
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Live Your Dream Life, Live Creatively | #15
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Learn to not spread yourself out too thin | #17
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Just do it | #16
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Do Things Need to Change? | #18
Latest posts by Jessica Beauchamp (see all)
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Do Things Need to Change? | #18 - September 2, 2018
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Learn to not spread yourself out too thin | #17 - July 29, 2018
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Just do it | #16 - July 15, 2018
With the Summer winding down and vacations coming to an end, we are all probably feeling the Summer exhaustion from running to and fro all while prepping for the upcoming Autumn season of routine and different types of running around. I am tired just thinking about it – as I am sure you are too. Something we need to remember is to not spread ourselves out too thin over the course of various tasks and actions otherwise we lack the ability to give anything our all. We all want to accomplish a lot every single day, but by taking on more than we can handle realistically we are actually hindering ourselves and our accomplishments. How can you accomplish anything when your mind is running in 500 different directions? I know I can’t accomplish a thing any faster than a sloth and that is if I am accomplishing anything to begin with. It may seem like a good idea to take on a heavy workload in various aspects of our lives (work, personal, etc.), but it’s not. We need to learn to find a balance between what we can realistically accomplish and what is just too much at this time (it doesn’t mean you have to forego it all together, just not now). You know you have balance when everything runs like a well-operated machine, and you lack this balance when you feel like you’re constantly running around like a chicken with its’ head cut off.
List your roles (entrepreneur, mom, wife, sister, employee, etc.). Review your agenda – be it daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly – take a look at what you have to do and where you have to be.
Do you feel that there is balance in your life or do you experience constant overwhelming stress from a day-to-day basis?
If you feel balanced, hooray! If you don’t, then there is some work to be done. After reviewing your agenda, what things are you least excited about? What things within your agenda excite you.
Ask yourself why do you do some of these things – is it obligation, is it familial, is it to live, is it to grow, is it for recognition – look within and answer honestly. Now, think about what things are non-obligatory and can be discarded to bring you greater happiness and joy. You may have already guessed what I am going to say next but I am still going to say it anyways – drop the things that are non-obligatory and do not provide you with joy while simultaneously working on your own growth and happiness by both doing more of what you love and seeking things out that will improve your obligatory things so that they bring you happiness too (for example, pursue that degree once and for all that will get you the dream job that you so desire and deserve).