- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Enjoy Life | Derive Joy in the Journey | #10
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Enjoy Life | Appreciate Today, Count Your Blessings | #9
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Positive Thinking | Make Your Environment Encouraging | #8
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Positive Thinking | Change Our Mind to Change Your Life | #7
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience | Do the Work – With or Without an Audience | #6
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience | Take the Time to Change Your Mind | #5
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience Leads to Achievement | #4
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Be courageous to live your true life.
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Take the leap, you won’t regret it in the end.
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Don’t Forget to Enjoy the Journey Along the Way
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Making a Difference | Caring Makes the World of Difference | #14
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Making a Difference | | #13
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Gratitude | Gratefulness Brings Happiness | #12
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Gratitude | Gratefulness Brings Happiness | #11
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Live Your Dream Life, Live Creatively | #15
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Just do it | #16
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Learn to not spread yourself out too thin | #17
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Do Things Need to Change? | #18
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Go Big or Go Home… Or Something Along Those Lines | #19
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Find Your Purpose| #20
Latest posts by Jessica Beauchamp (see all)
- Mid-Week Tidbits | 04 | FOCUS. - May 22, 2019
- Mid-Week Tidbits | 03 | Rhodiola Rosea Benefits the Body - May 15, 2019
- Announcement | Happy Mother’s Day + Raffle May 12th to May 19th - May 12, 2019
Go big or go home…words meant to inspire but only elicit feelings of fighting discomfort versus embracing comfort. Which will you choose? Join along as we figure out a better way to gain motivation to pursue greatness and don’t forget to grab your FREE journal spreadsheet at the end of this post!
You may have heard the popular phrase ‘Go big or go home”. I know I have.
The intent behind this phrase it is to motivate you to try your best and push yourself as hard as possible otherwise risk nothing and merely go home. Or in other words – face your fears, enter a state of discomfort, and take risks or risk nothing, stay the same, and remain where it’s comfortable. I must admit though, I often cringe when I hear this.
Frankly put, it’s not motivating for me and it doesn’t encourage me to push myself and I don’t find myself taking risks after hearing this statement. This may have something to do with the connotation that I have associated with the word ‘home’ – this is my comfort and my happy place. The ‘going big’ part is the place where I have the least amount of comfort – it’s about pushing my boundaries and taking a risk – it’s not comfortable there and the introvert in me would prefer comfort (though the achiever in me knows risk is part of the adventure towards your own success).
Will you be ‘going big or going home’?
I would love to hear your thoughts on this phrase and to hear if you have other ways of saying essentially the same thing – leave your comments below!
Where in your life do you need to dream bigger – think bigger – be bigger? What is holding you back?
What do you want to accomplish (in the short run/ in the long run)?
What do you do to try to push yourself past your comfort zone? Does it work? What more can be done?
What barriers stand in your way of accomplishing your short- and
Look at your short- and long-term goals on a regular basis at a regular time. I like to do this weekly when I am planning out my week on Sunday evening. This helps to put into perspective where I want to be and what I need to do to get there by adding into my agenda processes and steps to make that happen.
When confronting barriers to desired achievements and experiencing some discomfort and lack of zest towards giving it your all, remind yourself of times in the past when you pushed yourself past your comfort zone – what did you do then that you can do now?
What will you accomplish today – tomorrow – next week – next month – next year – 10 years from now? The possibilities are endless!
Remember to grab your free printable of this weeks Weekend Words of Wisdom journal (available in PDF format) below.
Note: All content is copyright Jess & Company, 2018.