- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Enjoy Life | Derive Joy in the Journey | #10
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Enjoy Life | Appreciate Today, Count Your Blessings | #9
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Positive Thinking | Make Your Environment Encouraging | #8
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Positive Thinking | Change Our Mind to Change Your Life | #7
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience | Do the Work – With or Without an Audience | #6
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience | Take the Time to Change Your Mind | #5
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Patience Leads to Achievement | #4
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Be courageous to live your true life.
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Take the leap, you won’t regret it in the end.
- Weekend Words of Wisdom: Don’t Forget to Enjoy the Journey Along the Way
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Making a Difference | Caring Makes the World of Difference | #14
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Making a Difference | | #13
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Gratitude | Gratefulness Brings Happiness | #12
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Gratitude | Gratefulness Brings Happiness | #11
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Live Your Dream Life, Live Creatively | #15
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Just do it | #16
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Learn to not spread yourself out too thin | #17
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Do Things Need to Change? | #18
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Go Big or Go Home… Or Something Along Those Lines | #19
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Find Your Purpose| #20
Latest posts by Jessica Beauchamp (see all)
- Mid-Week Tidbits | 01 - November 15, 2018
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Find Your Purpose| #20 - November 9, 2018
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Go Big or Go Home… Or Something Along Those Lines | #19 - November 2, 2018
Broad topic, I know; but finding out what our purpose in life is seems to be part of our inner DNA. We know that we are made for something, but just what is that? Join along as we figure out what our purpose is here and don’t forget to grab your FREE journal spreadsheet at the end of this post!
I am a Christian and the bible states that our purpose here on Earth is to come to know of God – to seek, hear, and develop a relationship with God. As a whole, this is humanity’s purpose. But you may be wondering what your unique purpose is – and this overarching statement does not entirely answer this. To know more about what your individual purpose is, I will turn back to the Bible to know that there is, in fact, a purpose unique to each and every one of us. Ephesians 2:10 (NIV) says, “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
So our purpose in life is not to only have a relationship with God, but to also live out our own unique and individualized works for fulfillment towards our purpose. This truth does not answer what YOUR purpose is, and in fact the only one that truthfully knows the answer is God, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t seek out our purpose and to live a life full of it. So how should you go about finding your purpose?
Do you feel satisfied with your life’s work? Are you where you want to be now? What about in 10 years – do you think you will still be satisfied doing what it is that you’re doing now?
What is your purpose?
If you’re struggling with this answer, then it may help to think of the following two questions: 1) What would you be doing in life if you didn’t have bills to pay? Be completely honest with yourself. 2) What is it that you do which comes naturally and easily to you that does not for those around you?
Now, what is your purpose?
First and foremost, pray to God to ask you for guidance towards your purpose – He hears.
Secondly, take action. Begin by reviewing your answers to your ask and begin exploring it – even if it’s one step at a time. Remember to start small so that you do not become overwhelmed and miss out on opportunities of personal growth due to lost time (because truthfully if it’s your purpose, you will always be drawn back to it one way or another). This small step may be something as simple as taking 5 minutes to watch a video or read an article about your purpose. Or you may be ready for a larger leap – such as taking a class or beginning to work with/in the area so as to immerse and learn.
Whatever you discover your purpose to be – take comfort in knowing that it’s yours and yours alone.
If you’re interested in reading more about this topic, then you may want to head on over to ‘Compelling Truth’.
Remember to grab your free printable of this weeks Weekend Words of Wisdom journal (available in PDF format) below.
Note: All content is copyright Jess & Company, 2018.