Latest posts by Jessica Beauchamp (see all)
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Just do it | #16 - July 15, 2018
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Live Your Dream Life, Live Creatively | #15 - July 1, 2018
- Announcement: Getting a little personal here… - June 25, 2018
All about the healing properties of Black Seed Oil, also known as Black Cumin or Nigella Sativa.
Black seed oil contains two very potent chemicals within its’ makeup, these are thymoquinone and thymohydroquinone. Having these chemicals makes black seed oil a powerful natural remedy.
What are the healing proponents?
- Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is caused by excess white blood cells – however, black seed oil can decrease the presence of white blood cells both within and on our bodies by specifically targeting the white blood cells and boosting our immune systems while also increasing the oxygen in our blood flow.
- Antihistamine: Black seed oil not only provides relief from the symptoms of allergies, but it also aids in improving the immune system to decrease the effects of allergic reactions within our bodies while also allowing us to remain energized and not groggy.
- Promotes a healthy heart: Black seed oil is rich in the unsaturated fats, Omega 6 & 9 and contains phytosterols which help to aid in the elasticity of your blood vessels and promote blood flow thereby aiding to a healthy heart.
- Promotes skin health: With the combination of vitamins, fatty acids, amino acids, and antioxidants when applied to the skin promotes healthier and younger looking skin. Additionally, black seed oil can be used as a natural sunblock and may even assist in the treatment of skin cancer as well as eczema, psoriasis, and acne due to its’ anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Additional healing proponents:
- Promotes deeper and better sleep.
- Improves our mental and emotional health.
- Aids in relieving people of chronic fatigue.
- Has been used as an effective treatment of HIV.
- Like our skin, it’s beneficial for our hair as well.
- Improves fertility for both men (increased sperm count) and women.
- Antispasmodic and can reduce sore muscles caused by stress and fatigue.
- Reduces overall pain – largely in part to its’ anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antiviral – Immune system booster (great for use during flu and cold season).
- Anti-bacterial – including being an effective treatment for MRSA (aka staff infection).
- Inhibits cancer cell formation, growth, progression, and cell reproduction.
- Reduces blood sugar – this is especially useful for those at risk for diabetes.
- Improves and speeds up our metabolism, aiding in our weight loss efforts.
- Anti-fungal – Due to the chemical properties of black seed oil, fungi and molds cannot coexist with the oil.
- Is beneficial in the treatment of headaches and migraines when applied topically around painful areas.
Suggestions on how to use:
- Take a tsp directly from the bottle – unmixed with other flavors.
- Combine 1 tsp with honey and mix into your favorite cup of tea or smoothie.
- Rub directly on the spot/s that are affected (either by injury, skin issue, or muscle pain).
- Use the oil to cook with in some of your favorite recipes – this would pair well with meats and in pasta sauces.
Where to Buy?
Black seed oil can be purchased from The Green Life and is available as a potent oil, in capsule form, and as body lotions and soaps.