Latest posts by Jessica Beauchamp (see all)
- Learn with YouTube - December 31, 2021
- New Product Release! | Ethically Sourced Chicken Feathers - June 5, 2021
- Homesteading | Rabbit Habitat - May 10, 2021
Motivation is the guiding force that moves us forward in our day-to-day lives, leads us to a sense of productivity, and ultimately guides us in our level of happiness.
You have received nothing but let down after let down, rejection stacked up rejection, and apparent failure after failure…how does one find motivation through the dredge of negativity?
- Start with where motivation comes from – It comes from within us provoked into action or recession dependent on the external to cause a reaction. Basically, motivation does not come from something or someone, but rather it comes from within ourselves – in our mind, body, and spirit.
- A desire to excel leads to motivation – This could mean either or, as well as both from within us and driven from the outside. Say that one wants to be the best at something, the leading person in a field, in the department, in the room; then a person must look outwards at what others are doing to be the best at what they are doing as well as look within to determine, to criticize themselves and answer to themselves what it is they lack or need improvement upon. This is both comparing one’s self to others as well as comparing one’s self to themselves – which ultimately leads to improvement all around. You should not compare to put yourself or others down, but rather you should compare to make yourself better.
- Need a quick fix? Certain foods have dopamine releasing qualities – but try not to overdue it because, with many foods, they are best in small portions and not large portions.Some foods that have can raise your dopamine levels are:
Dark chocolate – Spirulina – Blueberries – Fish (especially those high in Omega-3’s)
- Feeling defeated and sluggish? Make time for exercise – This involves finding a great cardio workout that gets your body moving, pumps up that blood flow, and makes you burn off that excess energy. Find a good tune and get your body up and moving…even if you don’t feel like it. Sometimes, in fact, most times we are often our own worst enemies.
- Practice self-care and take some well-needed time to rest and rejuvenate – this may include working on a hobby that often goes neglected, spending time with your family, taking a hike through the woods, swimming in the water, practicing yoga and meditation, or any other thing that relaxes, rejuvenates, and allows you to rest while restoring your inner-self.
When motivation lacks, what are some things that you like to do to bring about your motivation? Use #bringbackthemotivation!
One thought on “A Little About This Thing Called Motivation…”
This helps. Cheers!