Latest posts by Jessica Beauchamp (see all)
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Do Things Need to Change? | #18 - September 2, 2018
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Learn to not spread yourself out too thin | #17 - July 29, 2018
- Weekend Words of Wisdom | Just do it | #16 - July 15, 2018
The month of September is all about self-care awareness month. In celebrating this, let’s discuss 10 ways to self-care and self-love yourself.
- Spend time meditating – this allows you to slow down, even if it’s just 5 minutes, and become present and aware at the present moment.
- Stretch or practice yoga. This relaxes your mind and body.
- Drink your favorite warm or cold beverage – this could be a sweet cup of coffee or a delicious warm beverage.
- Spend a few minutes journaling and drawing your thoughts, worries, and loves.
- Turn off the technology and sit in peace while reading a book – new or an old favorite.
- Get out and breath in the fresh air – take a run or a nice walk around in nature. If you’re a regular treadmill user – skip the treadmill and enjoy the fresh air.
- Do something you love and be creative while doing it – you’ll be amazed at how much fun you’ll have!
- Do something for yourself that you have been putting off for awhile. This may involve letting those dishes sit in the sink for an hour or two, but they’re not going anywhere, so let them be and spend time on you because you deserve it.
- Turn on your favorite music and start dancing – just let loose and have fun!
- Write down 10, yes 10 things, that you are grateful for. I will help – #1 – you are alive.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and take a little time for yourself! Oh, and remember, there’s an awesome #selfcarechallenge going on on Instagram – just use the #selfcarechallenge for a chance to be featured on the blog at the beginning of October after Self Care Awareness month is over and the challenge has concluded.